What You Need to Know About ‘The Last of Us’ by Jodi
As most of you may already know, “The Last of Us” adventure HBO series adaptation has roots in the mega-popular video game that was launched on the PlayStation platform in 2013. Receiving prestigious awards, it has created a global gaming community, it’s not surprising that the show has already taken the youth by storm. Unlike many other video games, it also had a very emotional storyline, which has been transferred to the show well. The general storyline revolves around the destroyed modern civilization and the 14 years old girl who is the main protagonist of the story. Being immune, she is also the last hope of humanity as she learns to survive in the destroyed world.
What You Need to Know About “The Last of Us”
– The Immunity Aspect.
Watching the series, you will question this part most of all, as you might keep asking yourself about the reasons behind Ellie’s immunity. Ellie was exposed to the infection at a young age and discovered she was immune. At the same time, Ellie is not contagious, even though it will take her time and some suffering to learn about that.
– Learning How to Fight Desperation.
Another important thing in the series is learning how to fight desperation. The reason why the game and the show became so popular is related to the desperation that most of us are going through. As the world has been through the pandemic, the game became even more relevant as many of us have seen ourselves in the character of Ellie as we fought daily challenges. If you are feeling desperate and feel like never going to college, you have to see the show and learn that you are a fighter as well who can be the change and prove to yourself and others that you can still make it no matter what!
– An Element of Social Distancing.
Another vital point that the show makes is the very nature of the quarantine zones portrayed in the show and the aspect of the social distancing that comes with so much more. We can learn about anger management and the ways how different people understand the rules and the necessities of isolation. Both the game and the series portray it quite well!
– Finding The Hope No Matter What.
Many people all over the world fell in love with the show because it has been translated by people from the gaming community. Although there were minor differences, it was done with so much passion that people have learned this version even without approaching translation moviemaking services. Nevertheless, suppose you want to achieve better clarity in your language or learn a foreign language. In that case, it’s always better to contact a professional linguist to ensure that no important aspects have been missed. Sometimes it’s a little phrase or an expression that can make a world of difference.
It’s All About Cooperation
As you are playing the famous game or following the characters on screen, you will also notice the rare chemistry between the characters of Ellie and Joel, as they represent a powerful example of cooperation and finding the reason to fight and survive. While some people might approach it as yet another “zombie apocalypse” flick, it is way more than that because it shows the fragility of our world and the necessity to cooperate and fight the means to go further and think beyond the darkness and desolation that surrounds us.
HBO Original Drama Series THE LAST OF US Debuts January 15
- The nine-episode first season of the HBO Original drama series THE LAST OF US debuts SUNDAY, JANUARY 15 at 9:00p.m. ET/PT on HBO and will be available to stream in 4K on HBO Max.
- Logline: THE LAST OF US takes place 20 years after modern civilization has been destroyed. Joel, a hardened survivor, is hired to smuggle Ellie, a 14-year-old girl, out of an oppressive quarantine zone. What starts as a small job soon becomes a brutal and heartbreaking journey as they both must traverse the U.S. and depend on each other for survival.
- Cast: Pedro Pascal as Joel, Bella Ramsey as Ellie, Gabriel Luna as Tommy, Anna Torv as Tess, Nico Parker as Sarah, Murray Bartlett as Frank, Nick Offerman as Bill, Melanie Lynskey as Kathleen, Storm Reid as Riley, Merle Dandridge as Marlene, Jeffrey Pierce as Perry, Lamar Johnson as Henry, Keivonn Woodard as Sam, Graham Greene as Marlon, and Elaine Miles as Florence. Ashley Johnson and Troy Baker also star.
- Credits: THE LAST OF US, based on the critically acclaimed video game of the same name developed by Naughty Dog exclusively for the PlayStation® platforms, is written and executive produced by Craig Mazin and Neil Druckmann. The series is a co-production with Sony Pictures Television and is executive produced by Carolyn Strauss, Evan Wells, Asad Qizilbash, Carter Swan, and Rose Lam. Production companies: PlayStation Productions, Word Games, The Mighty Mint, and Naughty Dog.
Proofread and Edited by Brenda